The AeroPress is a great coffee brewer and can be used at home or on the go.
It's simple to use, travel friendly and produces a well rounded, smooth cup of coffee.
Aeropress parts explained:
Top (plunger side)
Bottom (chamber side/printed part)
Filter Holder (black screw-on cap)
Filter (paper disc)
- Put the kettle on to boil.
- Grind 18g of coffee (medium/fine - like caster sugar)
- Place the filter paper in the filter holder and rinse with water and screw the filter holder onto the bottom of the AeroPress.
- Place the bottom of the AeroPress on your cup (or decanter), then put both on your scales.
- Add the 18g of ground coffee to the brewer, level the coffee bed with a slight tap on the side.
- Zero your scales and start your timer.
Now to add water:
- Slowly pour 260g of water into the AeroPress chamber (water should be just off the boil - approximately 93 degrees).
- Stir the water/coffee mix to ensure that all the coffee grounds are saturated.
- Put the top (plunger side) into the bottom (chamber) of the AeroPress and pull up slightly.
Time to let the coffee brew:
- Leave to brew for 1minute 30 secs.
- Gently apply downward pressure to the AeroPress - pushing it down for approximately 20 seconds and stop pushing as soon as you hear a hissing sound.
Remove the AeroPress from your cup, pour - enjoy.
Click to view the products we used -